Professional Lecture Series, on January 25th, 2012, had a wonderful turn out. There were at least 70 people in attendance and everyone enjoyed the lecture moderated by Eduardo Braniff, Communications Committee Board Member and CEO of Imagination The Americas. Panelists included:
- Juan Rosenfeldt, Creative Director of FreeRange
- Chris Do, President and Executive Creative Director of BL:ND
- Bryan Neff, Senior Creative Strategist of Innovation Protocol
- Scott Meisse, Project Manager of Ferro-concrete
- Wendi Thai, Design Manager and Art Director of Ferro-concrete
All the panelists made great point about the business of design for 2012.
Good Points Included:
- Nurturing the client
- Reset/Star Over button
- You do not live without the client
- Create the best ideas while collaborating
- Mandatory 5pm break
- Crazy dress up days
- Embrace change
- Solve the problem
- Educating the client about the agencies process
- Designer should be the right fit
- Give employees the tool
These are just a few of the points that were made by the some of panelists. Each agency brought their own opinion about The Business of Design in 2012. I am looking forward to the next Professional Lecture Series which will be on Culture in March.
Janette Jackson studied at The Art Institute of Portland and was President of her AIGA School Chapter for two years. She helped build Factory from scratch, which was a publication at The Art Institute Portland and served as a Project Manager for one year. Her volunteering endeavors for AIGA started with AIGA Portland and continued her dedication to AIGA Los Angeles. She currently works part-time at Closet as a Social Media Coordinator. She spends her free time blogging about AIGA events and design as well as inspiration. Her true passion is Design for Good and Sustainability.