Working in UX & Agile Web Design
A hands on “Iron Chef Style” workshop!
Saturday, June 30th
9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
In Culver City
This one day workshop will introduce attendees to User Experience design and the Standard Process for successful web and app projects.
This workshop will cover:
- What in the heck is User Experience?
- Therealsecretto being a User Experience focused designer (Filmmaker, Entrepreneur, Illustrator, Director, Developer, etc.)
- How we’ve used User Experience principals to direct a film, build a startup and design a brand identity.
- How easy it is to learn and use on a day-to-day basis.
- Introduce you to the basics of using Agile. (It’s like execution Kung Fu. Neo would say; “Woh, I know Agile..” )
Why should you attend?
- If you are looking to learn User Experience design.
- If you are a startup looking to create a great product.
- If you are looking to switch careers wondering what all the fuss is all about.
- Anyone in Los Angeles in the entertainment industry curious to know what the future holds.
- If you have been wanting a job in User Experience and didn’t know where to start.
08:30 – 09:30 Coffee, Juice and Bagels
09:30 – 10:00 What the heck is User Experience?
10:00 – 10:30 User Definition Group Exercise
10:30 – 11:00 User Definition Exercise with in a team
11:00 – 11:15 Break
11:15 – 12:30 Team Battle 1
12:30 – 01:30 Break for Lunch
01:30 – 02:00 What is Agile and how can we use it
02:00 – 02:15 Command and Control Exercise (Lots of fun)
02:15 – 03:00 Team Battle 2
03:00 – 03:15 Break
03:15 – 03:45 User Experience + Agile together
03:45 – 04:45 Final Battle
04:30 – 05:00 Wrap up – Teams present ions
This workshop will be taught by This Week in Web Design host Jose Caballer
with special guest coaches to be announced.
Buy your tickets early as space is limited!
What is it like?